The Web has a wide variety of websites to keep you informed of developments in the Presbyterian Church, to help you study scripture or explore the beliefs of other faiths, to find opportunities to keep to help people around the world, and to simply enjoy yourself. A selection of these follow. Suggestions for additional links are welcome.
- The Main PCUSA Website. Contains a directory of churches and ministers, information about mission activities of the church, and on-line publications.
- The West Jersey Presbytery. With offices at Bethany Presbyterian Church in Haddon Heights, the Presbytery is the governing body for 65 churches in South and West Jersey.
- The Synod of the Northeast. The next highest level of Presbyterian governance, the Synod includes presbyteries in New England, New York and New Jersey.
- Camp Johnsonburg. A Presbyterian summer camp in northwestern New Jersey offering programs for people of all ages.
- Presbyterian Historical Society. Located in Old City Philadelphia, the library is the archive for the history of the church.
- Montreat. Located in beautiful western North Carolina, Montreat offers programs and conferences throughout the year for both ministers and laypeople.
- What Presbyterians Believe. A series of articles originally published in the PCUSA magazine, Presbyterians Today.
- The Book of Confessions. Historical statements about the beliefs of the church.
- Princeton Theological Seminary. Though independent of the church, this, our “hometown” seminary, trained many Presbyterian ministers including our own Pastor Eliza.
- Horizons: The Magazine for Presbyterian Women. An on-line magazine “published” by PCUSA.
- Church World Service. An interdenominational organization providing support for hunger relief, disaster assistance, and peace and justice initiatives.
- CROP Walk. Probably the best known program of Church World Service, it provides funds for hunger relief. Watch CROP Walk video.
- World Vision. An interdenominational organization providing aid to families around the world and a child sponsorship program.
- Heifer International. An international aid organization known for its “passing on the gift” philosophy in which donations of animals are used in community transformation. Watch a Heifer video.
- SERRV. A ministry of the Church of the Brethren selling fair trade goods and foods to help develop self-sufficiency among Third World artisans. Watch SERRV video.
- Ten Thousand Villages. A series of stores operated by the Mennonite Central Committee to sell fair trade goods made by international craftspeople. Stores in Center City, Princeton, NJ, and Media, Pennsylvania. Watch Ten Thousand Villages video.
- Beliefnet. A useful source of information concerning the variety of religious beliefs.
- The New Revised Standard Version of the Bible on-line. This is the Bible translation usually used in our church.
- New RSV Bible concordance on-line.
- On-line parallel Bible. A website that allows easy comparison of Bible texts between various translations and paraphrases.
Fun Web Sites
- Opera Company of Philadelphia Random Act of Culture. A viral hit, a video that makes you feel good.
- Net Hymnal. Thousands of Christian hymns & Gospel songs from many denominations many with playable links.
- Comics.com. All your favorite comic strips on-line and in one place.
- Lucy the Margate Elephant. New Jersey’s famous attraction whose restoration was designed by member Margaret Westfield.
- Christmas 2.0. A fun, modern version of the Christmas story.
- The Hallelujah Chorus, Alaska Style